Sign in to follow this  
TheRealLindsey

As we near Galentines Day...

You can hardly go to any store now without some kind of pink, heart festooned Valentines day display around every corner. How do my fellow rebels enjoy and/or revile this holiday season? For myself, I'm just trying to stay away from the very aromatic chocolate aisles... My husband and I don't really do valentines day, and TBH I don't do the galentines day thing either. 

When I was a kid though my mom made it special for us with little gifts, which I do plan on doing with my own children. 

Yeah, I'm guessing this may just be a fellow introvert talking (since we're all self-professed book nerds here), but I don't do v-day either. Just another day at work where there are too many sweets around. My advice to everyone - stay away from any communal food areas! The flu season is still in full swing and I for one do not trust my co-workers

• Haha 1

I have to work that evening, and didn't bother to take it off. My SO and I agreed not to give each other gifts this year, and instead of going out for dinner, we will make a nice breakfast together. That way we save money and we're not supporting the corporate side of the holiday. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, Lynn Vandermeer said:

I have to work that evening, and didn't bother to take it off. My SO and I agreed not to give each other gifts this year, and instead of going out for dinner, we will make a nice breakfast together. That way we save money and we're not supporting the corporate side of the holiday. 

I appreciate the sentiment. The gifts are just consumerism at it's finest on these types of holidays