Sign in to follow this  
TheRealLindsey

Happy New Year!!! What are your resolutions??

In Finnish the word "sisu" roughly translates to "have guts", and that is my motto for 2018. I heard the word often growing up in Northern Minnesota, but as a fourth generation Finnish and Swedish American I feel very distant from the countries my ancestors came from. I want to reconnect to my roots and harness the term in what will surely be an awesome and goal achieving year. (That's why I made my first pot of mojakka on New Year's Eve!) 

I will be having my first child in April (or March if early!), but don't want to slow down my work with F-BOM or my work with my local DFL senate district as we continue the battle for the mid-term elections. In order to do all the things, I will very much need sisu!

• Like 2

• Strength train with goal of being able to lift 50 pounds comfortably and do at least one pull-up (never was able to do this in gym class.)
  • Finish first revision of writing project. 
  • Reading goal I listed in other thread. 

Everyone needs more 'sisu'! 

• Like 3

Ew, don't talk to me about pull ups haha. My old foe. 

I'm not sure what my resolution is yet but I'm thinking it will be language-based. I'm planning on taking beginning German and hiring a Chinese tutor. This is my second year with a skills-based resolution (usually I do a guiding motto like sisu!). Last year I started to learn how to sketch so I'd like to continue studying that as well.

• Like 1

I would love to get back into a work out routine as well, which is pretty much the predictable answer, but I've had it year over year! Some years I'm successful others not so much. 2018 feels like it will be a good one. I did yoga yesterday after all!

On 1/2/2018 at 6:20 PM, Sailorbloom said:

I would love to get back into a work out routine as well, which is pretty much the predictable answer, but I've had it year over year! Some years I'm successful others not so much. 2018 feels like it will be a good one. I did yoga yesterday after all!

Same here! I want to keep leading a healthier life! Working out might be the predictable answer but it's a good one.